Sales Enablement Manager
- Full Time
As the Sales Enablement Manager for the VP, Commercial Strategy, you will undertake a wide range of activities that support the commercial needs of our advertising sales team. The role is designed to provide a high level of support to the VP who is tasked with facilitating digital advertising growth for The Wall Street Journal. In this role, you will work closely with colleagues from news, product, technology, and advertising sales to create opportunities for growth while also providing the essential role of internal problem solver.
As the Sales Enablement Manager for the VP, Commercial Strategy, you will:
- Be the liason between news and commercial teams
- Work with the sales team to facilitate sponsorship opportunities and help them run smoothly once sold
- Manage existing partnerships to optimize revenue potential and evaluate new commercial opportunities
- Work across teams to eliminate internal barriers, be a problem solver
- Join weekly meetings with news teams to understand upcoming commercial opportunities
- Provide follow-up to meetings; turn concepts into actionable opportunities
- Liaise with WSJ membership team to develop mutually beneficial strategies for growth
Technical skills that would make you a good fit for this role include:
- Strong knowledge of Google suite of products (Google slides and sheets), MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the digital the advertising system
- Storytelling and writing skills
- Be comfortable with numbers
Personality attributes that would make you a good fit for this role include:
- Be a skilled networker and bridge builder
- Possess a professional demeanor and exhibit poise under pressure
- Trustworthy and mature professional who handle confidential information
- Positive mindset and be a self-starter
- A college degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Job experience in other large companies with complex structures
- Be very well organized
- Enjoy multitasking
Making your way in the world today takes everything you got. You wanna be where everyone knows your name. At Dow Jones you're not going to get lost among countless aisles of drones.
- We have fun!
- We encourage and support each other in creating new ideas by paying attention to the world out there, using our imagination, experimenting, and learning from success and failure.
- We want you to be yourself, speak your mind, and know that nothing here is above question
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ - CUSTOMER GROUP
Job Category: Sales Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com