Page Designer III NSS
- Full Time
The Page Designer III will design high-profile pages and packages for our printed newspaper products, focusing heavily on the organization and presentation of information so that it clearly leads readers through the page. Responsibilities include designing section-front pages and jumps for the printed newspaper, selecting stories for and producing templated inside pages, and creating special design treatments for memorable events to add value to our products.
Design pages, using graphic design software, that effectively presents editorial content, reflecting the order of importance of the stories.
• Design high-profile pages, including Page 1, that require special attention in terms of integrating multiple elements (display text, stories, images).
• Produce other pages, many of them from pre-built templates, in the most efficient manner possible.
• Effectively design and produce all sections of the newspaper including A section, B Section (Local), C section (sports) and D section (Life)
• Ability to design high profile pages for large news events, elections, etc.
• Demonstrate basic news judgment, making appropriate choices in news, photos, headlines and overall play of elements on the page.
• Edit both copy and visual elements.
• Maintain and update design standards
• Publish to ePaper, including ePaper extras.
Work closely with others to coordinate outsourced page production
• Help coordinate daily assignments for outsourcers and verify their work has been completed.
Collaborate with others on the Shared Services Desk and in our local newsrooms on design aspects of print planning
• Assist curation team with print planning, including for Sunday sections, long-term projects and special print sections with an eye to elevating presentation of key events.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
• 10 years of experience as a newspaper page designer, copy editor or other news content production editor.
• Has a demonstrated ability to design high-profile pages, including Page 1, that require special creativity, care and judgment.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Evening Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing