ASSOCIATE MANAGER, INDUSTRY EVENTS & TRADE SHOWS
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is hiring an Associate Manager, Industry Events and Trade Shows. The AssociateManager, Industry Events & Trade Shows will plan, coordinate and executethe exhibit presence for Cox Automotive at industry events and trade shows.This individual will manage the day to day integration of select brands atindustry events and partner with team leadership and brand counterparts todeliver superior client experiences in the industry and achieve stated eventgoals and objectives.
Key functionsof this shared services role will include event participation recommendationand negotiation as well as coordination and delivery of sponsorship assets,event logistics, guidance on exhibit design, registration and attendee trackingas well as pre/post-event evaluations. This position will work closely with stakeholdersacross the organization, including enterprise sales, marketing, technology andproduct departments, and outside partners to ensure alignment of approach forall events. Events will range in size from 50 - 1,200+ client attendees.
The successfulcandidate will have a proactive and self-directed approach to supportingmultiple projects and multiple brands and various maturity stages; stronganalytical and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills, ability to be quick on their feet, demonstratedexperience in driving project results in a client-centric fashion and theability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
A backgroundin trade shows, exhibit/event management and/or experience marketing in the automotiveindustry is preferred.
- Manage negotiations to align with investment strategy and business objectives at industry events and trade shows in collaboration with key stakeholders and team members.
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, technology, product) to define objectives and execute against all aspects the industry event and trade show strategy for Cox Automotive.
- Lead the development and management of select day-to-day relationships with event organizers and association partners.
- Participate in the strategic development of the sponsorship presence and strategic execution for assigned brand(s) at all industry event activities. Key events may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Convention
- National Independent Automobile Dealers Association (NIADA) Convention
- Digital Dealer Conferences
- Industry Analyst led events such as Digital Marketing Strategies Conference, Automotive Attribution & Analytics Summit, Kain Auto Clients and Friends Conference
- Collaboration with events team on brand hosted client facing events
- Advance operational efficiency through collaboration and identify opportunities for cost savings and process enhancements, including calendar management, budget management and reporting.
- Build, maintain and leverage cross-departmental and company relationships to actively identify and address opportunities that contribute to increased business results and report out ROI results where appropriate.
- Actively engage and support change and innovation by communicating the future-state, trying new approaches and collaborating with others to make industry events and trade show change successful.
- Support onsite training plans for industry events and trade shows, in collaboration with internal learning and training partners.
- Effectively manage and engage internal and external agency/vendor resources and relationships (Creative Studios, external exhibit-house, video and survey vendors).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including occasional weekend travel for events.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in marketing, preferably within the event management, trade show, automotive, media or technology industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communication or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, education and work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to identify, define, and adjust processes to improve department function and business results, as needed.
- Strong client focus, including the ability to think from the end-user perspective.
- Proven experience executing in a high-energy, high-change culture.
- Strong command of MS Word, Power Point and Excel (Smartsheet is a plus).
- Strong production-based and/or event-based project management skills; detail- and results-oriented.
- Clear understanding of and ability to effectively communicate deadlines.
- Ability to drive results in a high-growth matrixed organization.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills; detail and results-oriented.
- Outstanding team player and relationship builder.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing