- Full Time
Teuwen Communications is an award-winning public relations and marketing agency specialized in food, wine and spirits, looking for an Event Manager for its New York City office.
The Event Manager will plan and execute an array of events ranging in size from multi-city, month long promotions to masterclasses and intimate dinners across the country for media, trade and consumer.
With offices in New York, NY and Oakland, CA, Teuwen Communications is steadily growing and has set benchmarks in the wine, spirits and food industry for innovation and results for over 20 years. The ideal candidate will have a “no job is too big or too small” attitude, be ready to grow his/her skill set through hands-on training, and (of course) have a passion for food and beverage. We pride ourselves on having a nurturing team where everyone’s skills are cultivated and made to shine.
The Event Manager will work with the account teams (senior and junior staff) but lead the creation, production and management of all events. In this role, she/he will also be responsible with the planning of trips and assorted logistical projects.
- Source and contract venues, vendors, staffing
- Plan and execute decor, rentals, deliveries, menus
- Create and produce event materials such as run-of-shows, invitations, shipping grids, signage (i.e. table signs, pull-out banners)
- Identify and secure complementary partners, and foster these relationships
- Book travel and lodging
- Estimate and track budget
- Oversee event program recap elements including activity reports and guest lists
- Update and support account team
- 3 to 5 years experience in events, ideally in food, wine and/or hospitality
- Team player that demonstrates initiative and problem solves every day, quickly and efficiently
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to manage on-site vendors and staff
- Works nights and weekends if needed for event
- Available for travel for events, meetings and site visits
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds or more
- Existing vendor network a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- 401K plan
- Vacation package, 15 holidays and sick day package
Visit Teuwen.com or follow @TeuwenComm in Instagram for more information on the company, and our clients as well as the programs we create and results we garner.
Please send resume and cover letter, thank you.
Note: Due to the volumes of responses, please understand that profiles not matching this job description may not receive an answer.