Traffic Acquisition Manager
- Full Time
Stacker produces over 100 galleries each month across dozens of topics - from entertainment to the economy - each built upon our own internal data analysis and geared to engage and retain readers with information that puts the world into context.
Leveraging our large archive of highly engaging content, we’re seeking a Traffic Acquisition Manager to profitably grow our on-site audience through Taboola, Outbrain, Gemini, SEM, social, etc.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Traffic Acquisition Manager will take sole ownership of devising Stacker’s paid campaign strategy, driving profitable growth through execution and iteration. Though Stacker reaches millions of readers each month, this will be our first foray into paid acquisition, and we are looking for an experienced manager to build and own the operation from the ground up. We’re looking for someone confident in their abilities to build a sustainable strategy, and accordingly, compensation for the role will include generous performance incentives.
Head of Audience Development will:
- Develop and execute a multi-channel traffic acquisition strategy from the ground up
- Strategically deploy large paid marketing budget to profitably drive traffic to Stacker
- Consult and advise onsite advertising team to drive monetization strategy
- Work closely with editorial team to share insights and drive content recommendations to supercharge audience growth
- Track, analyze, and report on audience data strategies to executive team
- 3 - 5 years of experience in traffic acquisition/digital audience development, ideally at a media or content driven organization
- Multi-year experience working with Google Analytics
- Strong digital knowledge and passion for media/ data
- Excellent analytical mindset and the ability to make quick, data-driven decisions
- Mastery in excel
- Creative problem-solving abilities- excited about testing and scaling new platforms, ad products, and marketing services
- Strong communication and presentation skills, experience in business development/partner management a plus
- Experience in digital ad operations, digital acquisition are mandatory