Manager, Digital Content, Talk & Comedy
- Full Time
Location: New York, NY
Manage digital content production highlighting talk and comedy programming, special campaigns involving hosts and partners, and daily operations of the SiriusXM.com homepage.
Create content to promote SiriusXM's talk and comedy channels for social media, the company's weekly newsletter and website's homepage, including exclusive social videos, blogs, deeplinks and audiograms; oversee the editing, distribution and approvals of content; organize video shoots of talent visits to the NYC studio, off-site events and other live or special events.
Work collaboratively across departments to gather information, assets and plan coverage of events, specials and upcoming projects; attend meetings and provide relative digital metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with talent, PR, programming and engineering departments to ensure interviews and events are covered and social/digital distribution plans are developed and executed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the SiriusXM.com homepage; coordinate programming schedules with digital experience, digital content and programming teams; gather assets, manage copy flow, editing and approvals for billboards.
- Oversee special campaigns involving hosts and partners, including quarterly free listening campaigns, holiday campaigns, and major company priorities.
- Attend daily and weekly digital content and cross-departmental meetings.
- Provide metrics reports during weekly talk and comedy programming meetings and on high-level digital content campaigns/initiatives.
- Organize content distribution strategy with social media teams, partners and hosts.
- Work with social media teams, partners and hosts to ensure distribution plans are aligned and contractual obligations are met.
- Serve as primary producer and/or editor on talk and comedy video projects when needed.
- Transcribe and caption audiograms and videos when needed.
- Attend live interviews/events/performances (on and offsite) for content opportunities.
- Immediately, there will be no direct reports.
- Will indirectly manage interns, copyeditor/writer, freelancers and videographers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in media, marketing, entertainment or PR industry.
- Experience working with high-profile campaigns and clients.
- Social media expertise with an understanding of best practices.
- Strong video editing, photography and graphic design skills.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Adobe Premiere and Photoshop experience.
- WordPress and CMS experience.
- Experienced in Microsoft (Excel, Powerpoint, Word).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.