Brand Licensing Manager (Contractor)
- Full Time
Brand Licensing Manager
Team: Brand Licensing
Status: Full-time, Contractor, Temporary (6 months)
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be employed directly by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of PBS.
Brand Licensing serves to extend the reach of the PBS and PBS KIDS brands across new platforms and into channels of distribution. Core objectives are to strategically build value through licensing relationships that will generate increased brand awareness, viewership and brand satisfaction. The Manager will support all Brand Licensing activities with primary emphasis on duties associated with PBS KIDS consumer products and the support of new licensing relationships. Additionally, the Manager will oversee a key national retailer program and provide support as needed for all new partnerships and initiatives.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Director, Product Development to manage the compliance documentation process, securing required certifications and testing reports for all new licensees and licensed products.
- Maintain an updated licensee database, inclusive of contract details, financial information, product approvals, testing reports and sales data.
- Create and maintain consumer product inventory and related organizational systems for all consumer products. Inventory locations are both on-site and off-site.
- Write copy and design creative for pitch decks, quarterly producer reviews, and promotional materials.
- Assist with booking, booth details, set-up and on-site coordination of PBS KIDS’ presence at Licensing Expo annually (domestic travel required).
- Assist with project management of Brand Licensing projects, including managing timelines and providing status updates to necessary parties.
- Participate in internal meetings and licensee/partnership meetings at PBS, effectively liaising with all key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Social Media team on activity for all key initiatives including content planning, copy, messaging and asset development.
- Brainstorm and help develop ideas for products and retail campaigns.
- Handle all administrative responsibilities for the VP, including but not limited to expense reports, scheduling meetings, renewing subscriptions and memberships, and other administrative duties associated with the efficient workflow of the Brand Licensing department.
- Handle the tracking and reporting or licensing royalties and maintain financial spreadsheets for the team.
Requirements for success:
- BA or BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Film and Television, Communications or related field;
- 3+ years in the Brand Licensing business or closely related field, with a strong administrative and project management background;
- Minimum of 2 years doing graphic design using Illustrator and/or InDesign and Photoshop;
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Demonstrated experience building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Proficient with social media and experience working with social media teams;
- Ability to manage timelines and deadlines;
- Exceptionally organized;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously;
- Outstanding follow-through and ability to work under pressure and still meet all deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- A self-starter, highly organized, energetic and an idea-generator;
- “Can-do” attitude with a strong desire to learn and contribute;
- Passion for PBS KIDS brand.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities