Business Development Manager
- Full Time
The Business DevelopmentManager is responsible for driving strategic dealer acquisition and growthwithin a defined geographic territory. The BDM will:
• Develop and executestrategic plans to drive growth across digital media solutions
• Identify and qualifyprospects and current customer opportunities to sell comprehensive solutions
• Effectively understanddealer needs to communicate the full value proposition of CAMSG
• Lead salesopportunities and collaborate with Business Development Engineers and DealerSuccess Consultants to sell complex digital media solutions
- Prioritize accounts and opportunities for investment and expansion.
- Work directly with field sales employees (DSC/BDE) to identify prospects and develop market-specific strategies for clients. Capture largest in-market opportunities and prospects through a combination of solo direct selling and team presentations via four-legged calls. Target clients will include non-paying dealers and prospects within assigned territory.
- Assess the effectiveness of dealer marketing and advertising spend in order to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Collaborate and deliver a pre-determined number of product presentations to prospective and current customers to align with or exceed goals set by sales leadership.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and growth goals as set by sales leadership.
- Effectively share field/product successes, opportunities, and challenges with Business Development and field sales teams as well as corporate support and enablement teams via strong written and verbal communications.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities to meet and exceed sales targets by being an industry expert and highly skilled closer.
- Minimum of 80% field time developing, re-establishing and growing client relationships and business, with a significant focus on communicating value to new customers.
- Leverage additional resources (e.g. BDE, Marketing, etc.) to close business requiring expertise beyond the BDC role.
- Coach and influence Dealer Success Consultants & Business Development Engineers, as needed.
- Utilize Salesforce as the tool of record to capture all dealer sales calls, information, and opportunities.
- Lead dealer product training and delivery, as needed, and ensure smooth account transitions to Dealer Success Consultants for ongoing account management.
- Successfully complete all required training while seeking a superior level of industry knowledge and an expertise in all Cox Automotive solutions.
- 5+ years proven experience in a sales revenue generation role required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience and a proven high level ofsuccess presenting/selling solutions to clients
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time withinregional geography, with occasional overnight stays
- Ability to travel outside of territory formeetings, training, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge invarious technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communicationskills
• Strong understandingof the specific market as it relates to automotive and digital media
• Demonstrated andcomplete understanding of Cox Automotive Media solutions; general understandingof all other Cox Automotive companies
• Highly proficientlevel of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Previous experienceusing Salesforce.com
• Bachelor’s degree in arelated field is preferred (e.g. Marketing, Communications)
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Los Angeles-100 Corporate Pointe
Other Locations: 5887 Copley Dr,US,CA,San Diego,92111|6900 Jurupa Ave,US,CA,Riverside,92504|Thousand Oaks Remote,US,CA,Thousand Oaks,91358
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-12-22