- Full Time
Cox Media Group Tulsa is looking for detail oriented and forward thinking Sales Assistant to join our top notch team.
At CMG, our Sales Assistants provide administrative support to the entire sales department, including special projects, office workflow, appointments, correspondence, presentations, data compilation, research and records control.
In this position, you will work with Account Executives, Sales Managers and Sales Support team to assist with a wide range of sales related functions including direct contact with clients and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a support position in a sales environment, having an aptitude towards working with the digital sales process and open to learning new software programs. As this position is in sales, the ideal candidate must enjoy working in a team oriented environment and playing an integral role in achieving the goals of the department.
- Working across both TV and Radio sales and support teams
- Work with Sales Management to create proposals and recaps
- Work with Creative Services on promotional packages
- Order entry and sales reports for Account Executives and Managers
- Work with WO Traffic, WO Media Sales and Microsoft Office
- Work with advertisers and agencies
- Work with Research Department to assist positioning CMG
- Back-up other sales support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or experience in radio/television preferred.
- WideOrbit experience is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Good time-management, organization skills and attention to detail a must
- Must be flexible, able to adjust to changing demands, work in a deadline driven environment under pressure and able to multi-task.
- College degree preferably in communications, public relations, advertising or business.
- Passion for building a career in sales and advertising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word with an emphasis in Excel & PowerPoint.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing