Creative Intern - LIVESTRONG.COM
LIVESTRONG.COM offers the blueprint to simple, healthy living. We're passionate about the transformative power of healthy eating and exercise, and we encourage our members to celebrate their daily victories. We aim to share our members' powerful, personal success stories as a catalyst that can create an evolution of change. LIVESTRONG.COM offers authoritative expert content in the diet, nutrition, fitness, wellness and lifestyle categories that informs and empowers.
We are seeking a creative and highly-organized Creative Intern to assist the Social Media and Design team at our office in Santa Monica, CA.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Graphic Designer
A typical day as a Creative Intern might include:
- Source and crop stock photography for LIVESTRONG.COM newsletters
- Photography asset organization and management
- Crop & edit images for editorial and social content
- Assist in the creation of custom designed Instagram stories
- Assist in sourcing and posting instagram feed images
- Develop ideas for current and future projects
You’ll be successful if you are someone who has an eye for photography and social media trends that coincide with LIVESTRONG’s modern, motivational, and bright aesthetic. You must be a team player, be comfortable balancing multiple responsibilities, and be proficient in Photoshop.
What You Have:
- Must be proficient in Photoshop - familiar with laying out typography, cropping and light photo editing. Illustration/hand lettering a plus!
- Must have knowledge of design and publishing on social media platforms for brands
- Passionate and interested in digital and social production workflows
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture (i.e., Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.