Director, Audience Development - Hunker
- Full Time
Hunker is looking for a Director, Audience Development to oversee its acquisition and retention strategy. You’ll be working directly with our Editor-in-Chief (VP, Content) to drive audience growth for the brand and manage how our content is distributed across various platforms (Instagram, etc.).
Hunker helps first-timers improve their homes—with inspiring home tours, practical solutions, and design advice for real people. We believe that good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen. We reach over 12 million readers every month fulfilling this mission.
Leaf Group is a diversified internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Director, Audience Development grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Editor-in-Chief, Hunker
A typical day as a Director, Audience Development:
- Set and manage Hunker’s distribution strategy across all platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Newsletter, Facebook, Search, etc.)
- Work with editorial team to test and optimize new formats, titles, etc. to drive on-site traffic
- Work with product to develop features in support of content distribution (newsletter acquisition on site, etc.)
- Support marketing acquisition efforts and help set strategy to acquire new audience and subscribers across all channels, existing and new
- Set audience growth goals and own reporting – report back to Editor-in-Chief and GM on performance
- Monitor and report on marketing trends, best practices, competitor practices, and platform changes (algorithms, etc.)
You'll be successful if you've worked in audience development, have experience in paid marketing and working with editorial teams to create and track content performance and are willing to work in a fast paced, ever changing industry!
What You Have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a strong digital background in editorial distribution; home and lifestyle experience preferred
- Strong marketing background (paid and organic) background across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.) as well as search
- Experience managing newsletter retention and acquisition
- Leadership experience managing a social media and/or marketing team
- A passion for home and design
What We Have:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.