Social Media Specialist Temp - Hunker
Hunker is looking for a Social Media Specialist to support editorial distribution across all social platforms. You’ll work directly with our Social Media Manager and gain experience posting and managing campaigns, analyzing performance and growing our followers.
Hunker helps first-timers improve their homes—with inspiring home tours, practical solutions, and design advice for real people. We believe that good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen. We reach over 12 million readers every month fulfilling this mission.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Social Media Manager, Hunker
A typical day as a Social Media Specialist includes:
- Assist with scheduling and posting content to social channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and learn best practices for each
- Assist with new social influencer and branding campaigns
- Support branded sales campaigns with sponsored posts
- Assist in graphic creation and ideation
- Keep an eye on trends and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Perform other content and marketing duties as needed
- Passion for home and design is a plus
What You Have:
- Experience with managing social presence (captions, hashtags, etc.) on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other platforms
- Excellent grammar and copywriting skills
- A creative spirit, attention to detail and eye for videography/photography
- Interest in the DIY, food and home space
- Ability to work well with a team
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art and Society6
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.