Deputy Senior Director, OSA Brand Marketing
- Full Time
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Deputy Senior Director to oversee OSA’s brand marketing. The successful individual oversees and maintains OSA’s promotional branding, new media, video content, and creative programs, and provides customer research and analyses, brand strategy support, web content, and consumer messaging to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of these activities in support of OSA’s global and program strategies. This individual excels in new media, message development and branding to build attention-getting, brand-reinforcing creative, relevant messaging and state-of-the-art marketing content. This individual leads internal and interdepartmental coordination of branding and marketing efforts.
- In collaboration with all OSA marketing teams, manages OSA’s global brand strategy and high level brand messaging to be employed across OSA’s programs.
- Monitors marketplace trends as it relates to branding, evaluates new tools and processes related to branding, manages vendors/partnerships within communications unit, and identifies opportunities/enhancements to branding strategy.
- Oversees the development and management of brand marketing budget.
- Oversees the OSA marketing booth at OSA meetings in collaboration with all OSA marketing departments.
- Leads brand development including: guidelines, positioning, voice/tone, and brand visuals.
- Leads branding and content messaging on osa.org website and other digital platforms in collaboration with IT department.
- Collaborates in the development of relevant content to ensure accuracy, alignment to overall brand strategy and consumer experience.
- As a convener, partners with internal stakeholders, on content strategy for osa.org and works to provide best-in-class web sites including design, and user experience and leverage new media, communications and delivery channels.
- Supports the compliance of OSA-wide branding standards across all communications and marketing channels and platforms through collaboration with all OSA departments.
- Ensures the effective management of the departmental marketing budget to maximize financial resources towards the achievement of organizational branding and promotional objectives.
- Develops measurement systems to monitor implementation of branding guidelines across all program areas.
- Collaborates with staff to leverage high quality and state-of-the art branding strategies that could be incorporated into marketing, design and communications practices for video, email, web sites, social media, print, mobile apps, and other efforts as applicable.
- Manages projects aimed at positioning OSA and its products in new markets, in collaboration with staff, as well as ensuring effective marketing plans for brand awareness.
- Institutes project management branding practices and procedures across the society.
- Directs document management efforts for all OSA marketing and communications project – historical and current.
- Oversees the effective management of vendor relationships involved in providing branding consulting services, and design for the society.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA Required MBA preferred
- Prior experience in an advertising, marketing, branding or design agency preferred.
- Extensive experience with the branding of scientific non-profits or similar type organizations required. Understanding of science research and scientific publishing preferred.
- Experience with video development and production and new media.
- 5 to 7 years’ expertise overseeing all aspects of branding and marketing with a strong understanding of creative services and measurement.
- Experience managing external vendors.
- Experience with measurement and evaluation tools.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Seasoned in developing and maintaining budgets.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic competency.
- High detail orientation and highly organized.
- Ability to foster collaboration across departments.
- Approaches work with passion, enthusiasm and high energy.
- Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver and great listener.
- Able to effectively communicate and inspire others to initiate and deliver in a timely and pro-active manner.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.