Yahoo Lifestyle and Entertainment are looking for a knowledgeable and creative audience editor to help grow and engage the sites' large audiences.
The ideal candidate will be deeply versed in optimizing content for search and social platforms, possess strong editorial judgment across a broad range of topic areas and be a creative, collaborative colleague.
You will be tuned into the subjects the internet cares about, including breaking celebrity news, wellness trends, movies and TV coverage, and more.
This role will involve working closely with editors across multiple teams including text, video and social and advising and assisting them on how best to optimize their content. You'll also be involved in larger SEO strategy and long-term growth projects in addition to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Guiding SEO work on individual posts with writers and editors
- Identifying trending stories and pitching content ideas that are of interest to our audiences across different platforms
- Analyzing audience and referral data and transmitting insights to editors
- Assist with content planning such as video ideation and distribution, evergreen articles and tentpole events
- Two years working in audience growth, distribution, social media and/or SEO on the editorial side of a media organization
- Familiarity with analytics platforms
- Very strong news judgment and an appreciation for all sorts of news topics – from serious hard news to fun internet memes and everything in-between
- Eager to collaborate with colleagues, learn new skills and experiment with different approaches to distribution