- Full Time
WTVR is recruiting for a part time production assistant.
This position is responsible for performing various duties in support of newsroom production of live and recorded television.Responsibilities
- Responsible for working closely with Directors, Engineering and talent floor directing during live and breaking news.
- Jib camera operation.
- Communicate urgent issues effectively while maintaining a sense of control during daily newscasts and in breaking news situations.
- Teleprompter operation.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Work with Senior Director to maintain studio lighting. This includes climbing a ladder, changing fixtures, and changing light bulbs.
- College degree or equivalent
- Prefer applicants with studio production crew experience in a news environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for operating broadcasting equipment, ability to effectively work under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, work non-traditional shifts including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to climb and work at heights on ladders occasionally
- Must be able to lift and carry over 25 pounds
- Must have a proven record of dependability and punctuality
We are an equal employment opportunity organization. M/F/D/V
#TBMBCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.