Director, Brand Marketing & Promotions, USA Network
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Role PurposeThe Director, Brand Marketing & Promotions will lead the development and launch of innovative consumer promotional campaigns across a diverse range of USA priority programming, spanning premium scripted series like Mr. Robot, Queen of the South and The Purge, as well as fan favorite reality programming like Chrisley Knows Best. This role is a key member of the Marketing & Promotions team, driving strategy, ideating concepts and spearheading execution of all promotional initiatives, including press-generating stunts, strategic partnerships, consumer screenings, and network presence at tentpole events like the Tribeca Film Festival, San Diego Comic-Con and SXSW.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, innate problem solver, compassionate leader and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the VP, Brand Marketing & Promotions for USA & SYFY.
Essential ResponsibilitiesLead development and execution of strategic, impactful promotional campaigns, in support of original programming and brand initiatives for USA, that drive consumer engagement and have social scale Work collaboratively with various internal departments (production/legal/creative/publicity/social media) in executing all aspects of the campaign, including partnering with production and creative teams on development and delivery of campaign assetsAct as point of contact with external agencies and partners, leading communication and relationships, providing creative feedback and managing approvals Act as Brand Lead on assigned series, leading a cross functional team on the development of a cohesive campaign and ensuring clear communication across all departments
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 7 years of TV/entertainment marketing and/or event planning experience
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work weekends/overtime with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Ideal Candidate has/is:
• a strong background in tactical execution, specifically with live events – demonstrating extraordinary attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
• a passion for television, entertainment and consumer marketing. This role requires a connection and/or understanding of cultural trends and consumer mindsets
• a creative thinker, can both concept and help advance innovative and creative ideas
• exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, can simultaneously be strategic, while getting your hands dirty, and can keep pace in a quickly moving and ever-changing environment
• a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, motivate, and collaborate with internal teams across every phase of a campaign
• the ability to think and write critically, and initiate creative solutions
• the ability to work autonomously and be proactive; driving projects forward independently
• strong work ethic, with a dedication to excellence
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.