Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Serving as Team Leader on productions to ensure timely delivery of episodes of the assigned production ahead of air time and with the highest quality.Read, analyze and use the script as a guide to the overall editing pattern of the production.Assist the Director and Production team in the planning of the visual concept of the production, including colors, flashbacks and special effects.Digitize and cut the material according to the script.Determine structure of the edited material.Provide editing advice and insight during the production, as needed by the Director.Utilize various editing software (Avid, Premiere, DaVinci) to select, cut and arrange visual elements of an episode.Ensure all necessary information, such as cuts, fades, dissolves, wipes and graphics have been ingested into the digital editing system.Provide edited episodes of the production to audio mix team to begin the audio editorial component of each episode.Ensure quality control by reviewing the processed intermediate product and identify duplicated elements.Ensure all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo.
The Sr. Editor is responsible for creatively editing the picture imagery, production dialogue and all other elements in order to achieve optimum realization of the final product in accordance with the Director’s intent. This role sits within a Post-Production Center of Excellence, but partners very closely with creative production team.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an Editor in the post-production of scripted content
• Exhibits basic knowledge of video systems and file formats in general
• Proficient with Avid, Adobe Cloud Suite and popular plug-ins
• Knowledgeable in the use of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and software
• Fluency in English/Spanish
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice
• Willing to work with late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment that may include early mornings, evenings, holidays and/or weekends
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated team player
• Creativity and independent judgment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.