Technical Operations Specialist WNJU
Location: Fort Lee, New Jersey
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
- Technical Directing live as well as recorded programs, segments, spots, promos and commercials
- Ability to build splits, boxes, and multi-layered effects on the switcher level
- Ability to perform ingest and signal acquisition duties as needed
- Editing news and or sweeps pieces under tight deadlines
- Maintain inventory and perform daily housekeeping of all switcher effects and banks
- Maintain strict station quality standards
- Willingness to help train colleagues
- Participate in editorial meetings
- Submit Issue tracker discrepancy report as needed
• 5+ Years working in television news preferably in a top 10 news market.
• In-depth experience (5+ years) with all aspects of ROSS Overdrive Automation System.
• In-depth experience with ROSS switchers.
• In-depth experience of Adobe Premiere
• Fully knowledgeable on P2 Workflow.
• Experience editing news packages under tight deadlines.
• Excellent Story Telling Skills with sound news judgment.
• Experience with Solid State Logic Audio Consoles.
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of television production.
• Knowledge of graphics devices such as Ross Xpression.
• Knowledge of video servers such as Omneon.
• Strong Computer Skills with experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment
• Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community.
• Candidate must be willing to join IBEW Union.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.