Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for conceptualizing and writing accurate Spanish-language news storiesWorks in collaboration with Assignment Editors, Reporters, Production crews and is the liaison between the crew on the field and the newsroom Responsible for selecting, assigning, writing and organizing news stories, including the ability to conduct the research, log video, conduct interviews, and write the story for the reporterCollaborates with Editors and Reporters to improve story and presentationAssists in writing news scripts and revising scripts for accuracy and grammarWorks closely with Producers and Production and Editorial Director on story planning and coordinationWorks under the direct supervision of the Production and Editorial Director and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The Field Producer is responsible for identifying newsworthy stories, participating in editorial planning, and supporting reporters in setting up interviews and contacts for stories.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Producer in TV production and/or cable TV
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
• Prior work experience directing and guiding talent in video productions
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be able to coordinate the logistics of putting together a story
• Exhibits knowledge of current event trends for the Latin Market in the US
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated self-starter with a highly developed rolodex of contacts within TV industry highly preferred
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Exhibits knowledge of Microsoft Office and INEWS
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.