- Full Time
Since 2004, Phillips Media Relations has established itself as one of the nation’s leading media and presentation training firms.
We earned our reputation by delivering unusually well-researched, thoughtful, and tailored workshops to our clients. Today, we work with everyone from Members of Congress, university presidents and top corporate executives to mission-driven nonprofits, government agencies and consumer brands.
In spring 2019, we’re launching a new startup that will build upon our success but significantly grow our ambitions. Our singular goal is to consistently deliver the most effective communication training programs in the industry. We don’t just make people more effective communicators. Our work leads to profound transformations in the way people and organizations approach their work.
As our new firm’s full-time writer-researcher, you will play an essential role in shaping our brand’s identity.
Our firm’s value statement is this: “We are generous; a team of ‘mensches’ motivated by a desire to vastly exceed customer expectations and a sincere drive to improve our clients’ effectiveness in their professional and personal lives.”
If that resonates with you, you might be the perfect fit. We’re looking for a terrific writer-researcher-mensch who knows that “good enough” never is; balances quality with speed; is a positive force who focuses on identifying solutions; is exceptionally well-organized; possesses the agility to shift priorities with emerging needs; reliably delivers results; and is truly invested in helping our firm deliver the most effective trainings in the industry.
In return, you’ll have the opportunity to indulge your intellectual curiosity through a wide diversity of topics, clients and industries. Plus, you’ll work with genuinely kind people who care deeply about getting it right.
The ideal candidate is an experienced writer, researcher, journalist and/or content specialist with an established track record of producing top-notch content with short turnaround times. Experience with the media, public speaking and/or communications is a must, as is familiarity with WordPress and basic HTML.
This is a full-time, salaried position in our offices in Westchester County, New York (easy to access via public transportation from NYC).
- Develop and execute our content and distribution strategy
- Conceive, write, and publish how-to, best practice and opportunistic news-driven blog posts that offer keen insight and practical guidance regarding media interviewing, public speaking and other related topics
- Conduct research for private training workshops about a wide diversity of clients ranging from nonprofit organizations and government agencies to top companies and c-suite executives
- Develop, write and publish longer-form pieces, including in-depth content marketing pieces, client takeaway materials and books
- Coordinate with SEO firm to optimize content
- Use analytics and other tools to determine topics of greatest interest and refine content strategy accordingly
- Craft and track effectiveness of social media posts
- Provide backup customer service and client follow-up functions
Ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional organizational skills and a track record of juggling multiple balls with aplomb
- A relentless focus on doing what it takes to deliver top-quality results in alignment with the firm’s long-term growth strategy
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, ability to receive and incorporate feedback
- Enthusiasm and determination to help a boutique firm grow into a national force
- A resilient spirit that doesn’t let short-term hurdles distract from long-term goals
- A hunger to learn, generate new ideas, experiment, fail, and try again
- A written and verbal communication style that reinforces our firm’s professionalism, seriousness of purpose and personal warmth
- The drive to complete a task independently
This is a full-time position. Work from office in Westchester County, New York (and possibly New York City) is required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. We provide benefits, including healthcare, retirement benefits, paid holidays and vacation, sick days, and a transportation reimbursement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in this position, your resume, three writing samples, and your minimum salary requirements.
Send your application via the link provided. Please put “Writer-Researcher Job – Media Bistro” and your name in the subject line.