Events and Marketing Manager
- Full Time
U.S. Chamber of Commerce | Events Team
Events and Marketing Manager
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Events Team seeks an entrepreneurial marketer with a passion for events to join us and support a range of programs from intimate salons to multiday CEO retreats to thought leadership tentpoles. The manager will work across programs and teams to craft messaging, recruit audiences, and execute a select number of events. The manager needs to be detail oriented, a skilled writer and marketer, a curious self-starter, and a true team player, always thinking of new ways to showcase the Chamber’s best-in-class convening power through partnering with internal clients and colleagues.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external partners to deliver an integrated brand approach across brand experiences and events.
- Work across digital, partnerships, events, and marketing teams to build compelling, multiplatform proposals.
- Support the development of the Chamber’s signature events and lead the execution of a select number of owned events.
- Partner with design teams on event creative development and production.
- Research leading voices and influencers across sectors and develop compelling marketing strategies to recruit participant attendance.
- Serve as an active brand ambassador in person and digitally.
- Partner with internal clients to encourage innovation, share best practices, and deliver success and ROI.
- Be a generous, entrepreneurial, and forward-looking team contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in an agency or media environment.
- Meticulous attention to details and superior organizational skills.
- Exceptional copywriting and general writing skills.
- Strong digital knowledge and stronger digital curiosity; eagerness to identify and employ new digital and social media marketing and promotion tools.
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response.
- Strong self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities and anticipate needs.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives for an event.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and strategic partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop).
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.