Senior Video Editor
WeAreTeachers is seeking a talented video editor with a passion for education and helping teachers and kids. The ideal candidate will be a strong producer and editor with a proven track record of creating compelling, addictive digital video. He or she will also help create the overall look, feel, and design of the videos that we publish on our website and social media channels.
The Senior Video Editor will help plan the video content calendar, coordinate video shoots, and conceptualize new, creative video series. He or she will also be responsible for editing video footage, solidifying video branding, and testing new concepts. This is a contract position with the intention of transitioning to a full-time hire.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, well-organized, proactive, with exceptional communication skills. We have a quick pace and heavy deadlines, but there are great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for educators and kids.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong video editing skills with a keen eye for design and storytelling
- Minimum 5 years of experience in video editing, production, and producing
- Knowledge of digital video platforms and overall best practices for creating videos
- An ability to communicate (and help define) our brand voice and mission through video
- Design experience, both print and digital
- Animated and motion graphics experience
- Directing or producing experience
- Knowledge of monetizing videos
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter with all of the following:
- Links to online portfolio or sizzle reel
-Details about your editing experience
-Details about any bonus qualifications you have
-Your passion for working with the K-12 audience
-Three video ideas you think would be a good fit for our audience. (You can look at our Videos tab on Facebook if you want to get a feel for our work.)