Media Strategist, Arts and Culture
- Full Time
Nadine Johnson & Associates (NJA) is seeking a strong media strategist to work within our diverse arts & culture department. The successful candidate will have experience working with clients in luxury, art and cultural spheres.
Desired experience/skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in PR and media relations (excluding internships), ideally within the art, design or cultural sectors
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Thrives within and actively contributes to a close-knit team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the international contemporary art and cultural landscape
- Creative and solution-oriented thinker, with a passion for elocution, storytelling, and good journalism
- Understanding of media landscape and relevant outlets, both domestic and international
- Strong research, writing, and organizational skills
- Technical skills: proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite
We look for a diversity of skills that goes beyond traditional PR experience; i.e. what each candidate brings to the conversation: where they have lived, worked, volunteered; how up to date they are on trends; what they read; what events they attend/have attended; what knowledge they have on brands and the perception of those brands in the marketplace.
Nadine Johnson & Associates is a collaborative, tight-knit practice, with clients based in the U.S, Asia, Europe, and South America, providing tactical counsel, event planning, image/brand consulting, and strategic media outreach utilizing a handpicked team of associates, strong media contacts worldwide and the ability to work effectively across all platforms, including traditional media, online and social media. Though diverse in size and emphasis, clients are culled from the highest echelons of the art & culture, hospitality, real estate, architecture & design, fashion, entertainment, business and media industries.
Perennially recognized as one of New York's leading PR firms, NJA was one of eight agencies nominated for the New York Observer’s Most Powerful Art and Design PR Firms in 2018.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits, a vacation package that increases along with time spent on staff, Summer Fridays, and a week off for the end of year holidays. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Media Strategist in the subject line.