Manager, Network Partnerships - Sports
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work with all key constituents to develop assets for sale in each of the following major sports programming platforms: Premier League, Tour de FranceSupport process that provides custom marketing solutions in response to all relevant RFPs directly related to sports propertiesInitiate ideation process to create innovative marketing solutions/platforms to drive incremental revenue Sponsorship Implementation:Work with key counterparts in Production, Programming, Promotions and Partner Leagues, as well as other teams from across NBC Universal including Portfolio Sales Marketing, Client Partnerships, Network Partnerships and Portfolio Integrated Marketing to ensure successful and quality execution of all sponsorship elements.Manage the client/agency relationship throughout implementation process Presentation:Serve as a part of the overall sales process, including development of assets to highlight/showcase the offerings, and be a part of key client meetings to sell-in ideas as needed for respective sports
The Marketing Manager position is responsible for working with key NBC Sports Group stakeholders, internally and externally, to help increase national sales of the television, digital and social properties of the NBC Sports Group through creation and implementation of sponsorship elements across the following properties: NBC Sports on NBC, NBC Sports Network, NBCSports.com and associated social handles. Reporting to the Senior Director of Network Partnerships, this position will manage of 1+ sales marketers including Specialists, Coordinators, Interns and Pages.
ManagementEffectively lead, manage and mentor team of 1+ employees (Specialists, Coordinators, Interns and Pages) Develop and coordinate internal training plan for junior members of the teamManage, in conjunction with Specialist/Coordinator, day-to-day process of tracking all proposed and sold sponsorships and distribute game by game grid overviews to production, programming, consumer marketing, traffic and sales
• 5+ years of experience with an agency, client or media company sales/marketing organization background, where the individual had thorough understanding of sponsorship sales process, as well as, proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing programs for advertisers.
• Aptitude and direct experience in developing sports sponsorships or marketing solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Robust understanding of advertising within all platforms of the sports media space
• Knowledge of Sports marketplace
• Experience in presentation development
• Ability to interact with senior-level management, internally and externally
• Strong organizational, project & event management
• Understanding of the creative development process
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and media in general
• Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to lead and motivate a team of 1+ direct reports, interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external teams
• Excellent oral, written, presentation and budget management skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, other presentation platforms, etc.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.