Marketing and Communications Associate
- Full Time
Who we are.
We are Foundation Academies. We are the largest charter organization in New Jersey’s capital city, Trenton, serving more than 1,000 of the city’s K-12 population across four schools. We believe every child deserves access to a high-quality education and we work relentlessly to ensure this happens.
We are a team of experienced and mission-driven, urban educators. We value growth mindsets, lifelong learners and individuals who believe that every child deserves an excellent education. We hold ourselves, our students, and our city to high-standards because that’s what our families deserve.
We are conveniently located a quick car ride to downtown Princeton, a 45-minute SEPTA ride to Philly’s Center City, and a hop on the NJ Transit Express to New York City.
We are Trenton and we are proud of it!
Who you are.
You are committed and you are determined. You understand that to actualize education reform in a revitalizing city is hard, hard work - no getting around it. But you are ready, hungry, and already rolling-up your sleeves as you read the rest of this post...
The Marketing and Communications Associate will spearhead Foundation Academies’ marketing and communication efforts. The Marketing and Communications Associate will work cross-functionally within the organization to represent the voice of Foundation Academies among various audiences. The Marketing and Communications Associate will create marketing materials, manage our website and social media presence, contribute to our public relations efforts, and support development-related communications and events. The Marketing and Communications Associate must have expert writing and editing skills, design expertise, and a strong project management background. He/she will play a critical role as the primary copywriter and designer across print and digital platforms and ensure that all communications consistently promote the organization’s brand. The Role will also require excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to collect and synthesize input from various stakeholders. The Marketing and Communications Associate position will include the following roles and responsibilities:
In order to be considered for the position of Marketing and Communications Associate at Foundation Academies, candidates must:
- Embrace our mission of preparing all of our students for college and embody our core values.
- Exhibit resourceful initiative and have a solution-oriented mindset.
- Have a track record of measurable success and achievement.
- Welcome the opportunity to be constantly challenged to grow, learn, and improve in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a team player and show flexibility.
- Be extremely organized and proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Possess an unrelenting work ethic.
- Communicate effectively in all verbal and written correspondence.
- Exercise excellent judgment, unquestionable integrity, and confidentiality.
- Pass the required criminal history background check and provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Oversee marketing and branding
- Develop communications strategy. Generate content and messaging for Foundation Academies with strategic priorities. Plan and maintain communication calendar and improve internal processes.
- Advocacy for Urban Education. Share the impact and influence Foundation Academy has on our students, the community, and Trenton.
- Identify and prioritize key audiences. Identify strategies that speak to various constituents, produce relevant marketing materials for audiences, and track and analyze results.
- Own and enforce brand. Manage and enforce Foundation Academies’ brand.
- Manage third-party vendors. Work closely with contract graphic designers to execute projects across print and digital media that reflect the School’s brand. Work with third-party vendors as appropriate to manage materials and print orders.
- Manage video production and photo inventory. Create and collaborate on videos that communicate powerfully and succinctly about Foundation Academies to various audiences. Take photos at events as needed and hire photographers on a project basis. Manage on-campus photo shoots. Curate photo library and select photographs for marketing purposes. Experience using editing software (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro) a plus.
Manage external communication
- Prepare marketing collateral. Write and edit copy for the annual report, brochures, school profiles and other external materials to promote and inform various audiences about Foundation Academies.
- Write and produce monthly newsletters. Source contributions, create, write and design donor-facing communications for both electronic and print distribution.
- Maintain website and school app. Work with the school campuses to maintain fresh and relevant content. Track traffic and trends of the website using analytical tools.
- Work with schools to develop a system for school-wide communications.
- Increase the number of followers/traffic on social media (newsletter recipients, Facebook friends, Instagram followers, etc.)
Support development and event related efforts
- Prepare grant proposals and reports. Write proposals and reports for major foundations and corporations.
- Prepare event-related collateral. Assist with creating invitations and event-related materials, and develop program content for external events.
Perform Other Responsibilities
Do whatever else is necessary or requested to prepare our students for college and to instill in them our core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Want to join our FAmily?
We work hard, but thankfully have fun doing it! Here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive starting salary with merit-based pay increases annually
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Tax deferred 403b retirement account with 25% matching up to a certain amount
- Independent, conflict-free, financial consulting through Holberg Financial
- Smartphone and fully paid wireless plan through T-Mobile
- Work laptop
- Making a positive impact in the lives of some pretty awesome kids
- Commitment to living out our mission
- Bachelor’s degree
Supporting/Additional Documents Requested
- Semifinalist candidates will be required to provide unofficial transcripts, evidence of
- certification/eligibility, and 3 professional references.
- Hired candidates are responsible for the following: official transcripts, criminal clearance
- (fingerprinting), and medical clearance (TB/Mantoux testing).