Penguin Random House is seeking a creative Marketing Manager with a passion for children’s books to join our Education Sales, Marketing department. Reporting to the VP and Director of Education Marketing, the Manager will serve as a main point of contact for the Penguin Young Readers and Random House Children’s Books publishing divisions and support the sales group on a wide variety of education marketing initiatives. This exciting role will also lead the development, implementation and execution of national marketing campaigns.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with the PreK-12 Sales Director and colleagues in the PYR and RHCB school and library departments to identify marketable titles and customized collections for the PreK-6 education market.
* Assembling and updating information about frontlist and backlist titles from the editorial, publicity, and marketing teams for the education customer segment.
* Developing compelling content for ads, e-mail marketing campaigns, brochures, newsletters, e-cards, websites, blogs, and other direct mail and digital promotions targeted at the PreK-6 education market.
* Leading the creation of marketing collateral for sales including title and customized collection information sheets.
* Delivering informative and persuasive title presentations and demonstrating best-practice use of sales tools while training and working with sales representatives.
* Managing the development and production of Educator Guides for key titles.
* Facilitating successful events through targeted customer selection, agenda creation, event execution, and sales follow up.
* Attending approximately 5-7 educational conventions per year.
* Measuring marketing activities against KPIs, driving ROI, and communicating results to imprint leadership.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.