Social Media Editor and Content Producer
- Full Time
City & State NY is seeking a Social Media Editor and Content Producer to work alongside our editorial and events department to boost marketing efforts and streamline efficiency.
- Help develop, plan, and launch content across all company websites and social media channels, including but not limited to: Cityandstateny.com, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and e-mail newsletters.
- Craft and maintain short and long-term social media calendars, working closely with Digital Director, Editor-In-Chief and Sales Director to ensure all key content and event initiatives are covered.
- Assist in developing strategies to support ticket sales, event sponsors, public relations initiatives, and marketing requests across social and drive growth and engagement strategies.
- Track breaking news and trending topics to keep the editorial team informed, pitch story ideas to editors and produce content for social media.
- Drive real-time social marketing efforts via Instagram Stories by attending and producing content at company events.
- Research, identify, and develop relationships with social media influencers and provide recommendations for possible collaboration, tracking all partnerships.
- Curate the homepage based on story significance, relevancy, traffic, etc. to drive engagement.
- Track and analyze results of performance and engagement across all platforms.
- An interest in New York City & state politics.
- Knowledge of social media marketing and community management; political experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience with digital publishing and analytical reporting tools.
- Excellent writer, strong attention to detail, and understanding of SEO best practices.
- Experience editing photos required; video experience a plus.