Chief Marketing Officer
- Full Time
The CMO will have global responsibility for Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer strategy, development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of marketing, advertising, social media, creative, promotions and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization.
- Develop the annual marketing and communication plan with the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Drive the strategy, planning and implementation of marketing campaigns that are creative, unique, differentiated, impactful and meet business objectives.
- Provide marketing skills and expertise to the company by developing and managing a high performing marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
- Oversee all public relations activities executed internally or through outside companies working on behalf of Black Tap. Ensure media inquiries, interview requests and placements are managed effectively; press releases are timely and in line with the brand.
- Develop and execute special events, promotions and collaborations that enhance and position Black Tap as a lifestyle brand.
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Develop and manage marketing budget and expenditures.
- Ensure all marketing communications and communication channels are coordinated, support marketing strategy and plan objectives, maintain brand standards and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Develop media relations strategy, leverage existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within business and industry media.
- Direct social media team in development of global strategy and plan execution to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter-strategies.
- Build long term relationships with team members, guests and stakeholders.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding marketing and communication strategy surrounding them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A BS/BA degree in Marketing or similar/relevant field from an accredited college/university.
- Seven to ten years related experience with progressive responsibility with a restaurant/hospitality/retail organization in a multi-unit environment.
- Demonstrated strong creative/innovative approach to marketing and PR.
- Strong knowledge of marketing software and technology.
Licenses and Certifications:
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates confidence, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate telephone, computers and other office tools and equipment.
- Ability to apply basic math concepts of addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Easily moves between strategic thinking and hands on roles.
- Ability to bring credibility to the marketing/PR function.
- Ability to work with a variety of organizational leadership and styles to build consensus around marketing strategy and tactics.
- Ability to gather information, analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Approachable and accessible; develops and maintains effective relationships with all departments, team members and global partners; strong guest focus.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong time management skills.
- Highly flexible; demonstrates the ability to change directions quickly, re-set priorities and refocus without losing sight of long and short term initiatives.
- Personal characteristics should include: high energy, sense of urgency, resilience, reliability, strong listening skills, high integrity, strong sense of discretion, good judgment and self-motivation.
Apply for Chief Marketing Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly