Copywriter / Proofreader - Supervisor
- Full Time
Located in the Flatiron District of NYC, Medallion Retail is an established boutique advertising agency that plans, creates, produces and supports signage and custom displays for retailers and brands at retail.
We have a full-time, hands-on supervisory level opportunity for an experienced Proofreader/Copywriter to join our team. The work consists of a high volume of proofreading, copyediting, quality assurance, fact-checking and copywriting. The position requires strict adherence to and understanding of client style guides and conventions, and the ability to thrive in a culture of shifting priorities and fast turnaround. Must be highly computer literate, agile and focused. This position will partner with Creative and Project Management teams to ensure all client expectations are met.
• Ensuring consistency with established style guides and brand standards
• Providing absolute accuracy in all materials reviewed before delivery to client
• Writing and editing promotional materials, ads, and P.O.P. copy for all clients
• Contributing copy and ideas for current and future client campaign strategies
• Writing and editing internal company communications, marketing materials
and website content
• Oversight supervision and direction of Copy staff
Prerequisites and skills:
• 4–5 years of proofreading experience, ideally in consumer goods / retail
marketing, with exceptional, demonstrated accuracy
• 2 or more years of copywriting experience
• Fluency in the Chicago Manual of Style
• Basic understanding of technical print design and layout
• Experience in project management tracking applications
(ie., FileMaker, Access, etc.) a plus
• Working knowledge of InDesign and Story a big plus
• Intermediate skills in MS Word & Excel a must
• Previous, progressive supervisory experience
Interested applicants should be able to demonstrate their most recent accomplishments/work through an updated portfolio. Candidates selected for review will be asked to participate in a skills assessment process as well as a full pre-employment background check. Responses to this job post should include a cover letter with salary expectations.