KXTX Telemundo Dallas seeks a Writer/Producer who is responsible for the creation of live newscasts and other special news programs as needed. As a T39 writer/producer, you will be creating content for the most innovative news organization in Texas.
Functions/Responsibilities: Job Duties
Responsible for overall production, flow, accuracy, content and every element of each newscast. Responsible for being a key newsroom leader clearly and timely communicating his/her vision and the show’s needs to each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. assignment editor, anchors, VJ’s, editors and production crews.)
Understand newscast’s audience, mission and station priorities. Integrate all station platforms in the showcasing of the news production.
Work closely with the Executive Producer on special projects and news coverages.
Well-informed on daily news events, past news events and know what is news for the DFW Hispanic market.
Craft content using excellent writing skills, as well as your own unique vision.
Plan, supervise and execute Live Shots and Live Remotes during live newscasts.
Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter/anchor lead-ins.
Timely respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
Coordinate and plan future coverages.
Work with Video Journalists on their visual and written storytelling and presentation.
Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and daily news briefs.
Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and be a team player. Lead the team to the common goal of producing an innovative, flawless, creative, interesting newscast. Communicate clear directions and changes to all the newscasts’ team members.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.Basic Qualifications A minimum of 2 years of experience as a daily Newscast Producer.
Experience in Line-production and proven track record of boothing live events, live shots, and newscasts.
Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy.
Additional Job Requirements
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #).
- Must be willing to work at the station location south of DFW airport and travel as needed for special assignments
- Must have the ability to work long hours, weekdays and weekends, varying shifts (including overnight), and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary
- Must be able to speak, read, and write perfect Spanish and must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field in communication or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent news judgment, creative ideas, and writing skills a must.
- Must have leadership qualities, be detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Must be highly organized and a demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed.
- Previous media industry experience a plus
- Expertise in syndicated research products (i.e., Nielsen, Simmons, Scarborough, Kantar, Polk, Adobe Analytics, comScore) and emerging alternative measurement tools.
- Sales-support focused; ability to work along with advertising account managers to creatively locate and persuasively present data that will sell the stations.
- Ability to work on your own
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.