Art Director – The Boca Raton Observer
- Full Time
Talented and Creative Art Director needed for established, award-winning luxury lifestyle magazine.
Responsibilities for this full-time, in-house position include:
- Develop the overall creative style and visual image of the publication (both digital and print) and determine how to best represent the concept visually
- Aggregate and select photographs, art, and other design elements for print publication, website and major social media platforms
- Manage all visual aspects of the brand
- Develop agency quality ad designs for advertisers across a variety of industries
- Work closely with both the Editor and Production Director
Successful candidate should be:
- Experienced in editorial design, ideally with a city magazine or luxury focus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with strong emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat/Distiller and inCopy; familiar with Web CMS platforms (MetroPublisher a plus), basic HTML, Microsoft Office products and print production.
- Experienced using the major social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong understanding of typography & photography
- Deadline-driven, positive attitude and collaborative team work ethic
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to successfully manage/implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow a broad range of local and national lifestyle topics including dining, shopping, arts, culture and travel.
The Boca Raton Observer is an established, monthly gloss magazine averaging 150 to 200 pages per issue with a 50/50 mix of editorial to advertisement. The magazine is one of Florida’s most award-winning magazines and a recent recipient of the Florida Magazine Association’s Charlie Award for Best Overall Magazine. The magazine is dedicated to the community lifestyle of affluent Boca Raton, Florida. Total AAM (ABC) audited circulation is more than 100,000 copies, the largest of any magazine in Palm Beach County. Total readership is 165,000. Please visit www.bocaratonobserver.com to view current and back issues.
Design experience in magazine publishing is required. You must be able to work well in a deadline-oriented environment.
Please email resume and cover letter. Include salary requirements and three design clips. No phone calls please.