Director of Marketing
- Full Time
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory is dedicated to supporting unconventional works in the visual and performing arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization, enabling artists to create and audiences to experience epic and adventurous presentations that cannot be mounted elsewhere in New York City.
Reporting to the Founding President & Executive Producer, the Marketing Director will be responsible for the ticket sales for all Armory productions, building new and nurturing existing audiences for a wide array of programming. This position also serves as a brand ambassador for the organization, overseeing the execution of materials that meet the brand identity and design aesthetic of the organization, while generating contextual content in the Armory voice in a wide array of mediums.
Specific duties include:
- Plan and execute all advertising and marketing campaigns for a wide spectrum of programs and projects. This includes conceptualizing bespoke campaigns, creating and managing schedules and budgets, and negotiating all media buys with various outlets including print, radio, television, outdoor, and digital. Plan all direct mail campaigns including list exchanges and rentals. Develop targeted grassroots and community outreach initiatives. As appropriate, work with and oversee outside marketing agency for specific campaigns
- Strategize and facilitate dynamic pricing initiatives and inventory management for all productions, working in conjunction with ticketing staff to ensure houses look robust while maximizing ticket revenues based on availability and demand.
- Manage house seat program, working with ticketing and fundraising staff to facilitate ticket requests for VIPs and other industry contacts
- Manage all printed design projects for the organization with outside designers and printing vendors, ensuring all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Liaise with outside public relations firm, collaborating on overall press strategy, manage the drafting and approval of all press releases with relevant parties, coordinating with artists for press opportunities, and managing onsite press events and photo shoots. Oversee the Press & Editorial Manager on press strategy and outreach for select projects.
- Oversee all house programs and editorial content, including the commissioning and editing of program notes and artistic information.
- Coordinate all digital media initiatives for the organization, including all simulcasts, streaming initiatives, photography, videography, and other recordings for artistic programs, historic content and restoration, and archival documentation. Oversee the Digital Marketing Manager on all social media initiatives – both organic and paid campaigns – as well as eblast communications and the Armory’s website.
- Develop and execute visitor research surveys and manage other related data points including generated impressions and attendance statistics. Report on Armory data as well as industry trends to management teams and stakeholders.
Requirements and skills: Bachelor’s degree and minimum seven years of progressively responsible experience in marketing/advertising for not for profit institutions in the visual or performing arts, including developing and managing budgets, overseeing design and execution of marketing materials and implementing marketing plans. Candidates must be hands-on self-starters who work well within a fast-paced environment and manage multiple complex projects and meet multiple deadlines. Candidates should have a comprehensive knowledge of marketing and communications concepts, practices, and techniques in all formats; excellent interpersonal and public relations skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent administrative and organizational skills; temperament for working directly with artists and handling artistic personalities; strong knowledge of print production process, media planning, buying, and performance analysis skills; a strong eye for design; and strong budget and ticket inventory management. Knowledge of Tessitura and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to HR@ARMORYONPARK.ORG with “Director of Marketing” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Apply for Director of Marketing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly