Product Manager of Digital Publishing
- Full Time
Twin Cities PBS (St. Paul, MN) has an immediate Product Manager position open. This role works as a key leader in our Digital Publishing Unit to support and expand our portfolio of national journalism-driven products that build audiences and financial sustainability.
Our Product Manager of Digital Publishing is critical to our mission. The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, execution, and evaluation throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements and defining the product vision. The Product Manager is an empathetic, effective communicator and works closely with editorial, engineering, marketing, and revenue partners to ensure goals are met.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Proficiency in the following areas:
- Audience growth, engagement, segmentation and retention
- Storytelling and journalistic content
- Building and monetizing reader relationships
- Analytics, SEO/SEM, and remarketing strategies
- Bringing a user-first mindset to help the team optimize features and functionality
- Set and maintain a product roadmap, manage projects throughout the entire execution phase, working with outside partners, and editorial, marketing and web development teams.
- Lead user research, testing, metrics gathering, and competitive and performance analyses of all products. Clearly communicate insights and use data to drive successful results.
- Create sketches, workflows, wireframes and designs that span web, mobile and tablet user experiences
- Provide budgeting and financial oversight for grant-funded and revenue-generating projects including coordinating billing and contracts, preparing reporting and maintaining paperwork.
- Lead, inspire, and manage team member(s) to excel in their work to achieve individual potential and collaborate to achieve station and department goals.
- 5+ years relevant work experience leading digital media product development in a Product Management or similar role.
- Considerable experience leveraging digital analytics (i.e., Google Analytics, Data Studio, Parsley, Optimizely) for tracking product goals.
- Proficiency with monetization platforms (i.e., Google Adwords, Facebook & Twitter Ads Manager, Google AdManager/DFP).
- Knowledge of user interface best practices and standards and ability to draft early wireframes to mockup ideas and test.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to present/demo complex ideas and products to a large group, author compelling, public-facing product materials, and work directly with clients and executives.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in a friendly and professional manner.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to multitask and self-manage the deadlines of competing projects.
- High degree of comfort with various project management tools such as Jira and Asana.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Background in media or journalism preferred.
- Experience with agile software development and human centered design methodology a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred).
To apply, visit our Career Center at tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ - click "Apply for Jobs" button.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request .