- Full Time
Reports to: Director, News Operations
As a Freelance Photographer/Editor/Live Truck operator you will need to be highly skilled in ENG/SNG Live Truck operation including Final Cut Pro editing. Knowledge of bonded cellular devices, ENG Cameras, Satellite and Microwave transmission. Excellent communication skills are required as this position routinely works under high pressure and must meet extremely time sensitive deadlines. This candidate must be detail oriented, competitive, collaborative and capable of communicating effectively with both internal staff and external clients.Responsibilities
- Operate Live Trucks for daily newscasts
- Highly proficient at non-linear editing (FCP)
- Ability to react to breaking news quickly and efficiently
- Partner with reporters to develop creative, visually appealing & impactful stories
- Work efficiently and effectively under extremely tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Good judgment skills are a must.
- Comprehensive understanding of ethical and legal issues concerning daily newsgathering. Must routinely use appropriate journalistic standards and guidelines.
- Must be able to work professionally and respectfully to others, with a very strong work ethic.
- Take great care of all assigned gear and ensure it is in proper working condition at all times.
- Excellent lighting, camera, production and editing skills.
Must be physically able to carry, shoulder and shoot with a broadcast ENG camera, as well as carry support equipment up to 50lbs. (tripod, lights, microphones, etc.). Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Candidates will be accountable for assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, laptop, writing trouble reports when necessary. Applicants must be flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays. Must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in broadcast television.
The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow up are a critical component of this role.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS
The position has direct impact on revenue and archived video. Flawed judgment could impair the operation of the station, resulting in the loss of critical moments in news.
Equal Employment Oppprtunity