Digital Associate Producer, Dateline
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are looking for a creative and motivated Digital Associate Producer to join Dateline’s Digital team, responsible for assisting in producing Dateline’s digital video/written content and also help in managing Dateline’s social media accounts. Familiarity with Dateline talent and broadcast content are musts. The candidate should have a serious interest in storytelling and audience engagement. The Digital Associate Producer should be able manage many projects moving along at different deadline speeds, prioritizing tasks as necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project/limited term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Job Duties:Produce digital videos that accompany the broadcastProduce digital-only content, including videos and written articles, for Dateline’s pre-existing digital seriesPitch standalone content to Digital team to help widen Dateline’s digital footprintOccasionally write breaking news articles for NBCNews.com that fall under Dateline’s subject matterBuild audience and grow engagement by creating socially-savvy content for Dateline’s social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.Track analytics for Dateline social platforms and relay to team quarterlyLearn and execute Dateline’s voice seamlessly across all social platformsWork with story teams and correspondents to drive audience from social platforms to the broadcastCollaborate with sales, analytics, marketing, product and press teams to optimize Dateline campaigns and content on social platformsInput metadata for upcoming broadcasts and cut and maintain digital library of Dateline full episodesAssist in planning Dateline events and planning/executing social media coverage of those events
• 2+ years of experience editing video for digital platforms
• Bachelor’s degree
• Avid editing and Photoshop skills required
• Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, interpersonal skills and editorial judgment
• Knowledge of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content
• Knowledge of differences in social platforms and what content works best on each platform
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends
• Occasional domestic travel may be required
• Ability to manage multiple projects moving along at different deadline speeds
• Knowledge of criminal justice/legal system
• DV shooting experience including DSLR/shooting
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of CMS systems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.