- Full Time
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston — and we're profitable. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. We're looking to expand our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transformation of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position:
BookBub's publisher relations team is responsible for helping our publisher partners use BookBub’s tools to effectively sell books and find new fans. We are seeking an account manager to join this team and focus on increasing publisher usage of new products BookBub is developing by building relationships with both current and new potential publisher partners.
Here’s a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
• Drive significant participation from our publisher partners in new BookBub products and programs, including sourcing high-quality book submissions from publishers to meet quarterly and annual targets
• Build strong relationships with our publisher partners, becoming a trusted source of guidance on how they can best use BookBub’s marketing tools to achieve their goals and sell more books
• Help the publisher relations team onboard new publisher accounts, providing product support and guidance as needed to these new partners
• Maintain high client retention and satisfaction by providing excellent support and an unwavering willingness to assist partners with any concerns
• Take ownership of scheduling, coordinating, and confirming promotional details for new BookBub products on behalf of publishing partners and internal teams
• Become an indispensable member of the partners team, representing partners’ interests internally while developing excellent working relationships and building trust with coworkers and other BookBub teams
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and experience managing projects and/or schedules
• A solid understanding of book marketing strategy and knowledge of the publishing industry and its key players (3+ years of publishing experience is a plus)
• Experience developing and fostering professional relationships and providing excellent client/customer support
• An ability to think analytically and excitement for BookBub’s data-driven approach to decision-making
• Direct experience working in sales or account management is a plus but not a requirement; candidates with a publishing background in publicity, marketing, rights, scouting, and agenting may have equally fitting experience for this role
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.