- Full Time
Position: Editorial Director
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: VP, Creative Director
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
With over 70 years as a family owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 65+ showrooms and growing across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more….
THE POSITION: Editorial Director
The Editorial Director will maintain continuity in all facets of the brand experience, including branded printed materials and platforms, in showrooms, print campaigns and online and will develop and oversee all editorial and branded content for The Shade Store across all channels. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, collaborative and a conceptual thinker. The editorial director would partner in developing a singular brand strategy, ensuring our look, feel, tone, personality and reason for being is embodied consistently across the organization both internal facing and external facing.
- Ensure that concepts and brand vision are consistently compelling
- Write and oversee all marketing and creative efforts including print collateral, all digital presence and editorial stories
- Generate ideas that bring the brand to life and then communicate and distill conceptual ideas to team
- Maintain and establish high creative standards
- Conceptualize, brainstorm and execute branded platform materials
- Collaborate with Marketing Team, Creative Director, Creative Services Manager and Showroom Operations
- Partner with the Sales team to create brand-right programs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years’ experience within retail or branding
- Visionary, someone who looks toward the future
- Possesses strong opinion on the ways a modern consumer brand can and should live in the world
- A passion for high-quality content
- Must have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Proven ability to manage relationships and drive process
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be solutions based
- Natural leadership skills
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT US: Visit our website at https://www.theshadestore.com/corporate-info/careers to learn more about The Shade Store and our career opportunities.