The Acquisitions and Programming Coordinator will assist the Director of Acquisitions for Telemundo and Universo networks with acquisition functions and program distributor relationships. S/he will also support the program scheduling team, and work across various departments to gather and disseminate information as it relates to acquisition and programming functions.
Oversee and track programming submissionsManage communications with third party acquisition suppliers
- Screen and review content for possible acquisitions
- Support in the tracking of acquisitions and movie budgets
- Compile information and help organize approval documents for acquisitions Greenlight process
- Handle Deal Memo input and updates in Rights Line system
- Process reports from Rights Line related to inventory rights and run usage
- Research contractual, financial, and programming information of all content for Telemundo and Universo networks in Rights Line system
- Liaise with legal and finance on contract administration matters and follow-up
- Assist with gathering of acquisitions deliverables from program distributors when necessary
- Handle movie inventory planning by reviewing current inventory, using research data, considering holidays and NBCUniversal portfolio initiativesSupport program scheduling teams with long-range capacity planning and other administrative functions, as needed
• 2+ years’ experience Media, Entertainment or Advertising industries desirable
• Bachelor’s degree
• High attention to detail
• Financial accounting background preferred
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
• Must possess strong writing and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• General knowledge of entertainment and movies
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
• Fully Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.