Assistant Director of Stewardship - Writer
- Full Time
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences Office of Advancement is hiring an assistant director of stewardship.
The assistant director of stewardship, reporting to the executive director of stewardship, is the chief stewardship writer for the department responsible for developing key communications and stewardship projects integral to the cultivation and engagement of our donors. This includes development and enhancement of messaging and reporting to reflect the impact of our donor’s generosity. This person will also actively contribute to the overall stewardship team efforts in support of the work of the development teams.
More specifically, the assistant director will:
- revamp and manage a reporting system for donors who receive individual impact reports to include identification of appropriate recipients, report complexity for varying levels of giving and templates for each level
- serve as the stewardship team liaison to partners within USC Dornsife who benefit from donor support to gather information for fund reporting purposes
- develop narrative reports for donors which reflect the use of their contributions and impact of their support which could include design of the pieces if the candidate has these skills (not essential)
- collaborate with the stewardship team in development of donor engagement strategies and methods
- develop messaging for different types of donor communications to include annual impact pieces, social media campaigns, web content and correspondence to the USC Dornsife Board of Councilors
- maintain/develop the USC Dornsife Impact web page and content
-develop outline for quarterly donor e-newsletter with potential to write pieces included
This employee may also be involved in other stewardship projects including, but not limited to management of individual stewardship plans, tracking endowed faculty positions and reporting on their impact, and communications related to the USC Dornsife Gateway Internship Program.
This position requires superb writing and editing skills with the ability to adjust writing style and tone based on the audience or client, an understanding of fundraising and stewardship principles, a high level of organization, creativity, and professionalism. Must have proficiency with computers and database programs, or proven ability to learn these applications quickly. Design skills a plus, but not essential.
As you advance through the consideration phase, you will be requested to submit a portfolio (3-4 pieces) of written work that reflects your writing style and skill.