Editing/ Videography Intern
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role will work with the News 12 New Jersey team to learn video editing and photography. In this role, interns will assist with shooting and editing video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news, and other productions and promotions for all News 12 Services.
· Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2018 and June 2019 with preferred concentrations in TV Production, Broadcasting, or other related field
· Academic or previous internship experience in a television field production preferred
· Basic knowledge of production equipment and computers helpful
· Basic knowledge of news operations and practices helpful
· Experience with or understanding of Electronic News Production System (ENPS) preferred
· Understanding of Master Control systems and Satellite feed operations
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.