MACH Digital Video Producer/Editor, NBCNews.com
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong shooter and editor with a proven track record of creating digital video and a genuine passion for science, innovation and technology. The producer will bring enthusiasm, energy and creative ideas to each project, working with the MACH editorial team to create new and engaging templates and series designed to succeed on site, social, OTT and across partners, as well as adapt to emerging platforms and opportunities. We’re looking for someone who come up with great ideas and can also work with our editors to transform their ideas into reality.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an iconic media brand and exercise creativity as we extend our footprint and voice into the digital space.
• Develop original ideas for one-off features and series for Mach vertical
• Shoot, write and produce Mach videos with an eye for social, on-deck and OTT distribution
• Book interviews, talent and locations
• Oversee freelance producers and editors
• Work closely with the Mach editorial team
• At least 5 years of experience shooting, producing and editing video for digital platforms
• Must have a strong aesthetic eye and cinematic tendencies
• Expertise with key productions in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots as well as adapt editors’ ideas into successful production plans
• Imaginative and creative producer who is comfortable inventing new formats
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many projects moving along at different deadline speeds
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.