Executive Producer - Boston
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Minimum 5 years experience in newsroom management
The Executive Producer is responsible for overall on-air editorial content for the assigned daypart.
· The Executive Producer is responsible for overall editorial content
· The Executive Producer will manage Show Producers and Writers creating content for all platforms.
· The Executive Producer will assist in the recruitment and professional development of Show Producers and Writers.
· Responsible for the creative presentation of the day’s news, and the overall look of the newscasts
· Ability to “produce-up” big story coverage and own the day’s top story or stories
· Collaborate with other newsroom managers, and all divisions of NBC News for special events planning as well as day-to-day coverage.
· Will work with all facets of the organization, including production, IT and engineering and the newsroom as a whole to ensure the most accurate, relevant and compelling local coverage.
· Responsible for tracking coverage related costs and ensuring fiscal responsibility in the news division.
· Responsible for ensuring content is accurate and meets the standards established by NBC News
Minimum 5 years experience in newsgathering and/or production
Minimum 5 years experience writing, producing and desktop editing
Strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to respond and make decisions in a breaking news situation for coverage across multiple platforms.
Team Player with a want-to-win attitude
Experience in script approval, a working knowledge of laws as they relate to journalism and media--with strong editorial judgment
Ability to lead the newsroom--offering feedback, both positive and negative, to help grow the team
Innovative and creative thinker who will push to make necn’s local content the best in the market
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work in Newton, MA
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
Must have a valid driver’s license (if applicable)
Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
Familiarity with the Boston DMA and surrounding New England highly desired
Strength in producing live television, sustaining breaking news, and encouraging the team to abandon the rundown in favor of embracing live elements
Strength in promotions, promo/tease-writing, identifying promotable opportunities
Solid understanding of social media and leveraging it
Ability to work collaboratively with other station departments to advance station initiatives
Creative and flexible thinking – finding ways to present the news that may differ from the way newscasts are conventionally produced
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.