Marketing Coordinator (Contractor)
- Full Time
DEPARTMENT: CME Marketing, Communications & Social Media
STATUS: Full-time, Contractor (through June 2019)
NOTE: The individual selected for this role will not be directly employed by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of and complete work directly for PBS.
Seeking an energetic marketing professional to support the team responsible for promoting PBS KIDS and Education content and initiatives to children, parents and teachers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for our mission, be excited to hone a variety of marketing-related skills, have an eagerness to jump in and be a part of the team, and be willing to learn fast and be flexible.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate details for a wide variety of marketing projects, including timeline, budget, meetings, assets and deliverables.
- Draft written marketing materials targeted to engage specific audiences, including but not limited to: digital ads, social media, and e-newsletters.
- Participate in team brainstorming and planning for upcoming campaigns.
- Assist in marketing campaign development and execution.
- Manage digital marketing assets and coordinate their delivery for PBS member stations on The Source (PBS’ asset management platform) as well as other platforms.
- Assist in presentation and event planning and execution.
- Assist with budget management and processing invoices.
Requirements for success:
- 1-2 years marketing, communications and/or social media work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Innate curiosity and willingness to explore new approaches
- Passion for education and public service
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Photo editing skills a plus
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities