- Full Time
This position shall have the customary duties of a video editor for KOKI, including without limitation, gathering and publishing news content as needed, embracing digital technology, and positively representing KOKI at all times.
Editing/Publishing News Content – 85%
• Working knowledge of Edius editing software and Bit Central playout system
• Ability to edit video, still images and audio for newscasts and web platforms
• Communicate w/co-workers accurate information in a timely manner
• Ability to tune in an ENG or SNG signal
• Knowledge of web-based applications and media servers
Archive maintenance – 10%
• Perform regular archiving of video
• Perform regular maintenance checks on editing equipment
Contribute to editorial content/planning – 5%
• Attend and participate in editorial meetings, as scheduled
• Contribute to story ideas
• 2-year college degree in related field preferred, but not required
• News editing experience is preferred, but not required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Night Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing