Writer/Web Content Producer
- Part Time
- The Writer/Web Content Producer reports to the Assistant Director of Communications, writes compelling stories for Law School marketing communications, and develops engaging multimedia content for the School’s website.
- Writes stories about students, alumni, faculty, programs, and related topics for the School’s website and marketing communications.
- Reports on School events for the web and other media.
- Acts as marketing writer/content developer on select marketing projects.
- Photographs individuals, groups, events and other aspects of the Law School environment to accompany stories on the law school website and in marketing collateral.
- Shoots and edits videos and audio interviews as stand-alone stories or to accompany stories on the School’s website.
- Handles social media posts to promote stories on the School website and School news and events.
- Maintains School newsroom including posting of media hits.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1–3 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated writing ability for web and marketing communications.
- Enjoys working in an academic setting with faculty, alumni, and students.
- Self-starter capable of fostering cooperative environments and working in a collegial fashion.
- Ability to work in a busy office and manage concurrent projects on varying deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both interpersonally and verbally.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, iMovie or similar video editing software, and Garage Band or similar recording software required. Experience with web content management systems and WordPress a plus. Ability to learn new applications easily and desire to enhance computer application skills preferred.
STATUS: Part-time, 15–19 hours per week, non-benefitted
SALARY: $19.10 per hour
STARTING DATE: February 4, 2019
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.10 /hour