- Full Time
The Public Affairs and Marketing Division of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission's Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George's County is seeking a motivated and creative marketing professional to plan, organize, and manage marketing efforts for a large, entrepreneurial agency. The incumbent will develop and execute marketing plans and activities to ensure growth in participation among children, youth and adults in specific programs and facilities, plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities, ensure branded marketing communication throughout the agency, and perform market research and evaluation of strategies and implementation.
Incumbent manages and directs several programs including:
1. Manage marketing programs for the Department.
- Develop long-term and short-term marketing plans and strategies for the overall Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Build and develop a marketing team throughout the Department which is competent, astute and efficient.
- Facilitate and support development and implementation of division/facility/program marketing plans.
- Manage contracts and relationships with outside marketing agencies, media outlets, and marketing sponsors.
- Translate business objectives to specific marketing goals and strategies.
- Plan, develop and work within the Department's Marketing Unit budget, and support development of divisional marketing budgets as needed.
- Conduct staff training on marketing policies and procedures.
- Work as part of the M-NCPPC branding team.
- Regularly analyze marketing efforts and provide results and recommendations to senior leaders.
2. Manage development and placement of marketing materials.
- Work with staff throughout the agency on development of materials to carry out their marketing plans for events, programs and facilities.
- Work with in-house creative staff to develop print and digital marketing collaterals and advertising.
- Coordinate marketing presence in social media messaging across various channels including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Identify new marketing outlets and opportunities for collateral placement and distribution.
- Place media ad buys and deliver appropriate materials on deadline.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Creates and implements broad marketing plans with targeted strategies to regularly communicate the benefits of the Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Writes compelling copy and works collaboratively with graphics and digital staff on design and production of promotional materials.
- Performs market research and evaluation.
- Coordinates Departmental marketing opportunities and campaigns.
- Manages relationships with marketing firms and contractors.
- Develops reports to division chief and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in journalism, public relations, English, political science, marketing or other related field, and four years of experience in journalism, marketing or public relations; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid driver's license in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver's license must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee's ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required of their position.
This position works in a high pressure office and is exposed to stressful situations and deadlines on a regular basis. Works occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
SUBMISSION OF THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
- A written marketing plan you developed for an event, program or facility
- A written evaluation of a marketing campaign you worked on