Director of Marketing and Communications
- Full Time
Position Summary: Children’s Aid is seeking a talented and experienced professional who will work closely with the vice president and the Marketing and Communications team to execute a wide range of marketing and communications efforts in support of the organization’s anti-poverty mission. The Director plays a vital role in the daily management and strategic operations of the Marketing and Communications Department, including serving as the organization’s main content producer and/or editor for various communications such as messaging documents, annual reports, media materials, newsletters, marketing materials, and executive and internal communications. The Director also plays a lead role in the organization’s media outreach efforts. This role calls for a talented and versatile professional who will capture the essence of the Children’s Aid story in developing its messaging and help shape the strategy to reach various audiences.
- Work with VP to lead media outreach efforts, including media relations and press releases; ensure messaging is consistent and supports the Children’s Aid mission and strategic goals.
- Work with VP to guide annual departmental work planning and goal setting efforts.
- Lead the NY Times Neediest Cases Campaign team, including hosting monthly meetings, serving as liaison with team members and NY Times staff members, and producing regular reports.
- Establish strong relationships with internal development, policy, and program teams.
- Serve as editor of Children’s Aid print and electronic media; lead cross-departmental teams to coordinate writing, production, editing, and delivery of print and electronic media produced by the Marketing and Communications Department.
- Lead the Marketing and Communications team in identifying and creating content for the web site, annual report, program collateral, and policy pieces.
- Set timelines, deadlines, and production schedules for major communications and development publications.
- Assist the VP in brand guardianship to ensure brand integrity across all communications platforms.
- Develop messages and materials to advance policy strategy and promote programmatic impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing, journalism, or English plus five to seven years’ experience in progressively responsible positions managing nonprofit communications.
- Ability to direct, manage, and evaluate communications and marketing plans and activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to apply writing skills for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Strong staff management and organizational skills; self-starter with ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of education and/or youth development issues.
- Investment in the needs of children living in under-resourced communities.
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 003074
Children's Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- 403b + employer match
- Up to 20 vacation days
- Sick days
- Personal days
Visit us: https://www.childrensaidnyc.org