Sr. Graphic Designer, Creative and Editorial Services
- Full Time
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Arabella Advisors is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to help it better convey its ideas in innovative, compelling, and polished ways. If you like working as part of a team, are energized by creative problem solving, and are inspired by the prospect of making a positive difference on important issues, then this is a job you’ll want to apply for.
- Develop and maintain the firm’s visual identity and branding guidelines, with guidance from head of marketing
- Design and help maintain marketing collateral, pitch decks, and other materials used in business development and outreach
- Support and help drive ongoing improvements to the firm’s digital outreach and visual storytelling
- Design reports and other materials for client projects in collaboration with client service teams
- Work closely with the creative services team to integrate graphic elements into work products
- Develop templates in coordination with the executive editor
- Create infographics, icons, frameworks, and dashboards
- Create and maintain a visual library of graphics, icons, and photos
- Manage contractors on special projects as needed
- Maintain regular communication with staff members to capture ongoing design needs and identify cost-effective approaches to addressing them
- Coach teams and editors to recognize when and how to tell a visual story, including leading trainings to develop staff members’ skills in specific software and general design
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 6+ years professional graphic design experience
- Excellent design skills and demonstrated ability to structure large amounts of complex information in a product that is clear and visually compelling
- Detail-oriented and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to help colleagues
- Ability to be open to feedback and to respond to feedback creatively
- Proficiency designing in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), the Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and WordPress
- Strong communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of staff and with clients
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to keep up-to-date with current design trends and software
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Sense of humor
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to effectively guide teams to achieve service standards and carry out strategy, and identify service offering gaps and recommend and/or drive improvements
- The ability to manage resources across team to ensure projects and goals are achieved, approve work plan changes and final deliverables, and communicate projects’ progress with critical stakeholders
- The ability to establish and manage effective relationships with diverse stakeholders across the firm, including executive-level colleagues, and to foster a culture of courteous professional interactions
- The ability to effectively communicate critical firm-wide messages, and to lead others in managing challenging conversations and developing complex communication skills
- The ability to model and foster a team-wide culture of inclusion, collaboration, and knowledge sharing; to demonstrate and model appreciation for significant team contributions; and to mediate challenging interpersonal conflicts
- The ability to regularly engage in leadership development activities, and lead firm-wide initiatives that improve firm-wide learning
- The ability to foster a team culture that encourages creative problem solving, and to ensure teams have resources and training to overcome complex challenges
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more. To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday. We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella, why you’re qualified for this specific job, and a link to your portfolio. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.