Editorial Assistant - Dutton
Posted: 1/10/2019 | Expires: 2/9/2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 29313
We have an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join Penguin Random House! This Assistant will work with an impressive list of bestselling fiction and non-fiction titles for the Dutton imprint. Reporting to two Executive Editors, the Editorial Assistant will provide administrative support, edit manuscripts, and help manage the entire editorial process.
* Evaluating submissions and drafting rejections.
* Tracking contracts, payments, and manuscripts.
* Writing promotional copy for all projects including title information sheets, flap copy, catalog copy, and online descriptive copy.
* Preparing material for sales, marketing and art meetings.
* Requesting author photos, fielding questions from authors and agents, and preparing photo insert logs.
* Editing manuscripts for and in conjunction with supervisors.
* Evaluating submissions for colleagues as needed.
* Providing administrative support, such as completing expense reports, scheduling meetings, answering the telephone, maintaining an organized filing system, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* One year of editorial or other office experience preferred
* Strong organization and follow-up skills
* Proven ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Chicago Manual of Style
* Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking platforms
* Strong interest in serious nonfiction such as science, technology, economics, and history
* Strong interest in popular fiction spanning genres
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.