Advertising Sales Director
- Full Time
The Nob Hill Gazette seeks a proven print and digital ad sales leader, manager, and motivator who will oversee our advertising sales efforts. The Advertising Director will be responsible for meeting print, digital and event sales goals and will work with the executive team to drive overarching revenue. The Advertising Director will also be fully accountable for managing and developing the NHG sales staff, as well as monitoring and reaching assigned print and digital sales goals.
The ideal candidate must have an exceptional record of generating print, digital and integrated advertising sales overall, building client/agency relationships with a collaborative leadership style and entrepreneurial spirit combined with demonstrated digital expertise and cross platform selling and strategy. The candidate should be comfortable with a broad range of advertising models.
He/she will lead the integrated ad sales team and collaborate with the executive team and ownership to ensure marketing programs and strategic plans translate into sales. Expectations are that this sales leader will strive to exceed revenue targets through creative consultative selling and build positive relationships both internally with all Clint Reilly Organization departments as well as externally with clients/agencies.
- Accountable for attaining established print and digital ad revenue goals/quotas through innovative, creative, strategic and consultative selling.
- Motivate and manage an integrated sales team to promote maximum sales coverage and activity including regular/frequent sales calls
- Work with staff to develop and execute individual sales action plans.
- Help sales team understand and manage all phases of the digital selling cycle through to close and regularly report accurate revenue projections.
- Work with executive team and ownership to ensure that stated strategies drive print and digital advertising revenue objectives.
- Work with various team members and executives to develop effective client solutions
- Monitor all sales activity through to close and regularly provide accurate revenue projections/sales forecasts.
- Must build strong relationships with senior agency and client contacts locally and nationwide through consistent contact and entertaining.
- Work with executive staff to establish workflow and processes for advertising forecasting, budgeting and goal setting.
- Form a solid and positive working relationship with editorial staff and other facets of the Clint Reilly Organization to encourage collaborative selling.
- Experience hiring and managing a sales team and have a proven record as a strategic and effective motivating leader/manager
- Experience within the luxury lifestyle, thought-leader and, ideally, the travel category
- Superior sales skills, with results-oriented track record and proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Demonstrated success crafting interactive brand strategies resulting in robust ad sales
- Proven record translating marketing and promotional objectives into results for advertisers
- Track record of structuring and managing negotiations to successful closure
- Self-starter who instinctively takes charge and has a positive, team player approach
- Well-connected in industry with strong relationships among top-tier ad agencies, national advertising accounts, and marketing executives at the client level
- Analytical/strategic thinker, creative problem solver and willing to roll up sleeves and get their hands dirty to demonstrate leadership by example.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- 10 years of ad sales experience desired, with at least 5 in a management capacity.